Shared Hosting Solutions Explained
A shared hosting service applies to stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a web server run by a shared hosting company. There are different groups of hosting services used for different ends, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to own a site, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution delivered by given hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel web hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud shared hosting". This is an entirely amiss interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between separate stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous shared hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you want to share a huge amount of images with chums or partners since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your email box accounts. Some distributors provide shared hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you want to run an e-mail address with your domain but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail shared hosting service is what you need. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many videos as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At JBC Group you can observe shared shared hosting and dedicated server accounts that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limits depending on the form of shared hosting service that you've selected - a free web hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular content only.